Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crappy

Well, it is so rainy here they are saying they haven't had a storm like this since the late 1800's. There are trees down everywhere and you know when in movies you see the rain coming down in sheets? Yah...same thing here. The swimming pool outside the office was overflowing today it has been raining so much. So I went to work today in the Coolum office which they want me to work at every Thursday now. 2 words - Borrr-ing! So I ended up on Facebook and emailing people for about 3 hours. All the while my headlights were on. I was in the Landcruiser. That's not good. Pouring wind and rain...dark...tired...hungry...not a good combo. Luckily I have a cool guy who could come to the rescue. So he did. And to make a long story short, we got the car started (after about 25 min) and drove the 20 min home in torrential rains and wind. Scary...I was praying and I had Mesa praying that we'd get home safe cause it felt like we'd blow right off the road! Actually, into the oncoming traffic was more like it. Very difficult to see too. Ok, that's all I have to say.

2 comments:

saltysista said...

That sounds totally scary. Glad you are safe at home.

Lynne said...

Glad you made it home safely. By the way, when do you come back to Alberta for a visit?