Friday, February 26, 2010

Not what she really wanted

Todays post. Conversation format.

Candace: Mom, I need you to write me a note.
Me: A note for what?
Candace: To say that I didn't go swimming on Monday because of my cold.
Me: (knowing that the cold was very minimal) Well why didn't you go swimming? You can't stop your life just because you feel a bit ill you know.
Candace: I didn't want it to get worse. And besides, Victoria would have been sitting out all by herself if I didn't sit out with her. (oh sob sob!)

So I sit down and write her a note:

Dear Teacher,

Apparently Candace thinks she needs to quit living when she feels a bit ill and so therefore did not go swimming on Monday in your class. I do not approve of her actions but am in acknowledgement of it happening.

Sincerely,

Rachel Miller

Candace: MOM!!! I'm crossing it out!
Me: Well, if you cross it out you're not getting another one written. Its that or nothing. Sorry.
Candace: But I'll get a detention!
Me: Well sorry, but I just write it like it is. I'm not going to tell the teacher that I'm approving of your actions and I'm not going to let you think so either. I guess if you get a detention then maybe you will learn not to make silly choices like that again.
Candace:(just before walking out the door to go to school) Next time you ask me to do something important for you I'm going to say no!

I think I definetly got the last laugh here cause she definetly cracked me up. Hope she learned something! And I'm wondering how many teachers have ever gotten notes like that.

3 comments:

Lydster said...

haha, that's hilarious! Good on ya mate!

Heinzlmeir Haven said...

Love it! Nice try Canny! Now THAT is how it's done...Mom's rule!

saltysista said...

That is awesome!