Sunday, April 22, 2007

Goose bumps and the best day...













Hi! Today I finally got a look at some of the pics that Steve took of Rick and I's special sealing day almost a whole year ago! I can't believe it's been almost a whole year since we were sealed to each other in the San Diego Temple! What a great year! Today I gave a lesson in YW about temple marriage and I have such a testimony of the importance of that. It's the greatest thing we can do to get back to our Father and have the highest degree possible. So here are a few pics of the family on that great day. May 27, 2006...








Rick and his crazy faces eh?! What a cracker! That's one of the things I love about him so much! We sure wish the whole family could have been there but we are happy that those who came did.


Also, the goose bump part...well, yesterday Mesa was running around outside and decided to have a fight with the telephone pole. The pole won I think...what do you think?
Yah, these pics don't really do the bump justice. She was none too happy as you can see and she cried for quite a while. I was reminded of my childhood days when I remember getting at least a few of those suckers! Ouch! She's ok now though. She wrote her friend Cindy this letter and I thought I'd post it cause its so cute the way she spelled things...

Dear Sindy how are you doing?
yesterday we were playing all around the world and I bumt into a pole and I got a big goose egg on my for head and it really hert. but im OK

Also, a funny story...so we are on our way home from church today and Blaze is feeling really ill cause he hasn't eaten for a long long time...It seems like both Blaze and Mesa are hypoglycemic...and so I'm telling him I will make him a milkshake as soon as we get home and he can even have a coke to help his sugar level. (that's the only kind of pop I have in the house) This has happened to him before and if we get some sugar in him he gets better real fast. So Candace says, "can I have a coke too?" to which my reply is, "NO!" (I NEVER let my kids drink coke) and she goes, "ohhh! I wish I had problems too!" I just cracked right up and Rick says, "you do...take a look at your room when we get home!" Too funny. I complimented her on that one!
The kids all want to learn to play piano which I am thrilled about. It's so nice having one after all these years.

4 comments:

saltysista said...

Beautiful pics! I wish we could have been there. I can't wait until Dan and I can be sealed in the Temple. Ouch! THat bump looks horrible. Poor girl. That's why you shouldn't get in fights with poles. It sounds like your fam has a ton of fun together....can't wait to visit.

saltysista said...

Oh yeah I am still waiting for Keta's address if you and your friend get a chance to forward it to me!

Jeni said...

You guys are so cute, and that is so wonderful! I wish we could have been there. HUGE goose egg... poor thing!

Heinzlmeir Haven said...

Poor Mesa! She looks totally "whacked"! I guess she'll steer clear of those ole poles in the future!

I love the pics from the temple...it seems like just yesterday we were there! The sun was super bright that day and gleaming of the brilliant white of the temple...you can tell by everyone's eyes...squinting!

Miss you!

Kel