Thursday, February 19, 2009

My husband has a problem

Ok, so the other I am attempting to make a quick and easy supper and so tuna casserole comes to my rescue. I usually add a can of cream of mushroom soup but there isn't any in the pantry so I go on a hunt sure that I had some somewhere. Well, I open up this cupboard in the basement and what do I see? 5 cases of energy drink! Holy mother! Richard, lay off the drink man! He is seriously addicted.


Well, today is the big guy's birthday. We won't talk about the age cuz know he's a tad sensitive about this issue. hehe...So over 2 months ago I got this email advertising super cheap prices for plane tickets all over Australia and I decide I'm not going to live in a beautiful country and never see any more of it than the area I live in. So what did I do? Something I would NEVER normally do. I bought tickets for Rick and I to go to Sydney on his birthday for the weekend. It was to be a complete surprise as well. I was going to basically kidnap him and not tell him where we were going or anything. How fun eh? Well, a couple things happened to make it hard for us to get away and well, to make a long story short, I told him about the tickets this morning and we would have been on a plane right now going to Sydney but instead I'm blogging about my foiled birthday surprise and he's pouring concrete at the job site. I feel so crappy about this but he was so stoked that it could have actually happened so...I guess we'll have to try again soon. Now anything else I may do for him today seems to pale in comparison to what could have been.


I'll have to post some picss tomorrow of his cake and us all happy on his bday. hahah, you know how he LOVES being the center of attention!


Well, V-Day was sweet cuz we went out for a movie and a donair. Saw the Clint Eastwood movie that's out. Gran Torino. He's awesome.What I loved about this film is that Eastwood's character went from loathing these Asians to caring more about them and doing more for them than he even did for his own family. He sacrificed his most priceless gift for them. Too much swearing in it for sure but Clint E is so cool I just had to forgive it. Awesome story. So if you can handle a lot of swearing then go see it. Also, Richy surprised me with some chocolate and I surprised him by not getting upset that he extended his hour long surf into a 4 hour one. Actually the thought of being upset with him never even crossed my mind. Only thoughts of the fact that I was so happy he was doing something he wanted to do and something for himself for so long and having a good time. We are just so perfect together! Love him!

4 comments:

Proud Momma said...

WOw I almost didn't know what blog this was! It's been forever since you blogged but good to hear from you guys.

I've wanted to see that movie, maybe I'll wait until it's on the Movie channel though.

Lynne said...

So good to know you are alive and well down under!! Happy birthday to Rick!I know how old he is cause I'm one year older than him! No secrets here! ha ha. Well I'd sure like to talk to you , lets try to make a connection:)

Lydster said...

oh yeah, you were gonna go to Sydney! Too bad it didn't work out. I still wanna see your tummy!

saltysista said...

Happy BIrthday Ricky!
when you coming to hawaii for a visit/surf trip?
Dan