Friday, June 8, 2007

Working Girl

It's been a while since my last post. I think it's just plain old non-iinterest in the blogging world at the moment. Last week I decided to go job hunting and went up a couple streets and handed out 30 resumes at everyplace I felt I could see myself working at. I came across a few possibilities and actually landed myself a job! It was so cool and a total boost! It is only 1 day a week for 4 hours but it is a receptionist position at a real estate office - ReMax to be exact, and it could open up so many doors for me. I think with the kids getting older I am getting a bit bored and need something to do. So I worked my saturday last week and they gave me keys to the office and everything! The girl that hired me said I walked it at the perfect time as she had just advertised in last weekends paper for the position. Also, she wanted someone who was looking to probably get back into the work place(which I am) and she asked me to come have a chat with her for a few minutes. Rick and I had acutally used Peter Hill who is more or less the owner of the company to buy our house and so I told her I knew him and all and unbeknownced to me, she went and asked him while I was sitting in the room and he said "yah, I know her" and she told him I was looking for a job with them and he says "Hire her!" So I feel very blessed to have had that experience.

Lets see, what else has been happening?? I of course have been baking yummy stuff. Bacon Cheese Muffins. So delish. Fish curry. Yum. And Chicken Satay Pizza. So nice! Today is the first sunny day we've had in almost a week here! Rain rain and more rain is what it's been for 6 days straight so it's nice to see the sun again. I'm feeling more motivated and think I will go out job hunting again today. Ok, I'll let you know how it goes. Rick has been busy drilling pearls and we have taken several pics of pearls lately as we are working on getting a website up and running because it seems as though the jewellers around here aren't too interested and if they are, they already have a supplier for their tahitians. Here are a few of the pics we've taken.

This is one of my favorite pearls

A beautiful colorful semi-baroque

Rick made these. A beautiful set.

2 comments:

Miller Time said...

congrats on the job, hope it goes well. Sounds like a good one

saltysista said...

Hey how is work? Still like it? THose pearls look pretty nice. Where is mine? Just kidding.