Sunday, September 6, 2009

hodgepodge

All these beach pics were taken the day b4 Lyd left. I let the kids stay home from school and we played all day. It was a fun day.

Savvanah's first trip to the beach. Nice tummy!Her cute little footprint. This was more difficult to get than you'd imagine! When there's only 12lbs to push down it isn't easy to get a good firm impression.

The kids finally figured out a way to get away with murder! Incapacitate the mother...very bright!

ahhhhhh!

they buried each other and then I buried the last person

I just thought Id put up a few pics that we have taken lately. My sissy has left me. I am so sad. We had the greatest time while she was here. She got to know our family heaps better and vice versa. I miss her so much! I wish she could have stayed and finished her schooling here. But I understand her needing to go back. And she wanted to stay just as much as I wanted her to. I guess she's just as crazy as I am! I think she has definetly proven what a good auntie she is. She got several dirty looks from the kids and even one "I don't like you!" That just proves to me that she's doing a good job as an aunt. Not all fun and games but a teacher at the same time. Last night at the dinner table Blaze was dishing up his food and had his plate too far away from the pot of food and Candace says, "Blaze, I don't think Aunt Lydia would approve of that! Move your plate closer!" It was so funny.
This pic was taken at the Power Boat Club in Golden Beach. Our friend Naz (short for Nazareth) sings in a band with his Dad and brother and this was taken during a break. We thought we looked pretty cool all in black. But actually, I think lydia and I are the only cool ones. The guys are just trying to catch up to us. This is actually our new favorite thing to do is go and hear their band. They are really good and they play at clubs all over the Sunny Coast and we can watch the crazies dance after they've had a few. It won't be the same without you Lyddie!


Lydia and I climbed Mt. Coolum a couple of times before she left. Talk about a good workout! And you're rewarded up top with a gorgeous view of part of the Sunshine Coast where we live.


This is the view from up the top

On a good note, we got a package from Grandma Betty Jean in the mail. It had two adorable little outfits in there that I can't wait till Savannah fits into! Thanks so much! Also, I'm in the middle of getting Savannah's passport so that we can make our first trip overseas to come visit all our friends and family. I can't wait to board that plane and say goodbye to Australia for a few weeks and be back in my homeland. I plan on visiting family a plenty in Utah including family of mine as well as Rick's family. So ya better get ready cuz we're comin! Hoping Rick will be able to make it too. I was planning on leaving within 2 wks but a glitch has come up and its gonna be at least 4 so hopefully he can come for a couple weeks.
Savannah's new little friend Tiggy. Or should I say BIG friend! Tiggy is obviously quite taken with her don'tcha think?

I've also been working Mondays. Yuck. Mondays are now my least favorite day. Probably Rick's favorite though as he gets to stay home and play with Savvy all day. He is such a good Papa! Father's Day was just today here in Australia and we spoiled Rick with a gift bucket as opposed to a gift basket. Thought he would get some good use out of another bucket rather than a basket that would no doubt just end up kickin around and getting thrown away sooner or later. It was full of good stuff for him to enjoy.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

cute pictures of little savvy! i wish we could see you guys while here, probebly no texas on your plans though :(

Lydster said...

hahaha, that's hilarious! I forgot about Mesa's "I don't like you". Yay, Naz made it on your blog! he'll be SO happy about your choice of picture too...