Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary! 5 years and waitin for more!

Rick and I celebrated 5 years of married bliss the other day. I can't hardly believe how time has flown by. It has truly been a journey thus far and the best time of my life. There are so many things that I have to be thankful for being married to Rick Miller. I am so proud to be his wife. I think he is just the best in every way and I love him to bits and pieces. We just love being together no matter what we are doing. I never tire of him. So on Saturday when we remembered that it was our 5yr anniversary, the boy that works for Rick was standing here and offered to take care of the kids while we went to Byron Bay for the rest of that day and all of Sunday. He is preparing to go on a mission and 19 and very responsible and just a really good kid. I found out later that he even had family prayer and scriptures with the kids! Wow! I am so stoked! So off we went. It was a 3 hour drive to Byron which is the most easterly point of Australia. After a few hours in Byron we decided to take a detour on the way home and so we went out to Nimbin which is not only the Hippie Capital of Australia but the Cannibis Capital of Australia as well! We were sorely tempted to purchase some of that cannibis but since it was the sabbath we decided we best be stickin to a tub of Sara Lee ice cream instead. So we bought this tub of ice cream and were gonna go sit down at a little park and eat it and Rick points down this alleyway cuz he saw a park bench or a picnic table or something down there and says "lets go down to this park" so we start down and immediately this lady who is for sure doped up starts talking to us about Savannah and I thought she jokingly said "no babies allowed back here" so we continue to walk after our friendly little conversation with her and i'm a bit ahead of Rick and this guy says to us"You guys wanna buy some dope?" I'm like thinking "no way! get away from me!" and at that point I feel like I must be walking around in a clown suit cuz it seems like everyone's staring at us thinking we're gonna come buy some dope from them. I'm pushing the stroller and Rick's carrying bubs and I initially thought "oh, we just need to get past this guy who's selling dope and then we can get to the park" hahaha that thought lasted for about 2 seconds and then I realized and said to Rick "ummm Rick I don't think this is the park we're looking for. I think we're in the wrong place" So we turned and started walking out of the alley from hell and says to the lady on the way out "we thought this was the park" she kinda laughed "nope this isn't the park honey" oh gosh what kind of parents are we? taking our 6mo old into a drug alley? ahhh! Well, we got a good laugh out of it anyways and then we went to the real park which didn't even have any grass...well, green grass anyhow and ate a whole litre of ice cream. It was delish. Savvy liked it too. But mostly she liked the milk I gave her to wash it down.

The famous Byron Bay Lighthouse. 1907

On the way up to the lighthouse you pass this beautiful sight. Postcard material right here.

This picture does not even do the countryside justice that we drove through to get to Nimbin. It was just fairy tale beautiful. Part of it was even called Happy Valley.
Stiff as a gun. Stiff as a gun.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heinzlmeir Haven said...

At least Rick's not pulling a Michael Jackson and holding her over the edge of the look-out! Hahahaha...she's a strong one!

Heinzlmeir Haven said...

I can't believe she fell asleep in the shower...what a sweet pic! And I could eat those berries NOW! Yum.

Heinzlmeir Haven said...

Great pics of the landscape...seriously! Congrats to you two...here's to a bunch more...years of marriage that is...not kiddlins! But you could do that too...the more the merrier...and you know I'm speaking from experience!

Lydster said...

I love her bald head!